The Life and Work of
Edith Rankin Memorial United Church
The Third Sunday of Easter
Sunday April 26
- Sunday April 26, 8:30 am — Fellowship Breakfast Online with Bob Wells: “Wawahte” (check email for link)
- Sunday April 26, 10 am – Worship Online (check Tidings email for link)
- Tuesday April 28, 7 pm – Council Meeting (check email for link)
- Wednesday April 29, 11 am – Pastoral Care and Friendship Online (check Tidings email for link)
- Thursday April 30, 7 pm Choir Gathers online (check email for link)
- Sunday May 3, 10 am – Worship Online (check Tidings email for link)
Virtual Worship Services
Online worship will continue with the Third Sunday of Easter Sunday on April 26 at 10 am. CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE LINK FOR EACH INTERACTIVE WORSHIP SERVICE. THERE IS A NEW LINK FOR EACH SERVICE. The design of our worship service, using RIngCentral Meetings (Zoom), means that we our worship can be interactive, giving members a chance to visit with each other before (and sometimes during) the worship experience. Those would rather just watch the worship service without interacting with others are invited to check the web site Monday or Tuesday following and look for the link to the recording. The recorded worship service will contain the prayers, scripture reading, music, and sermon.
Fellowship Breakfast goes Virtual!
This Sunday, we are going ahead with our monthly fellowship breakfast! However, you will have to provide your own breakfast as you sit in front of your screen. We will view Chief Dr Robert Joseph’s honorary doctor of law acceptance speech followed by a discussion with Bob Wells. We will also hear the reading of an article by Bob recently published in Anishinabek News. Also see wawathe.com.
The Anchor has been sent by regular post and by email. You can also find the anchor on the website here: The Anchor
Pastoral Care and Friendship online gathering Wednesdays at 11 am.
Join your friends from Edith Rankin Memorial United Church in our virtual welcome centre at the link that was emailed to you. (link changes weekly – check your email for this week’s link). If you are not receiving our weekly email newsletter (Tidings) use the form at the bottom of our contact page to join our mailing list. Visit online with other members and stay in touch with people you care about. You can also use this opportunity to test your computer or iPad to make sure you can join the worship service on Sundays. (You will be prompted to download RIngCentral Meetings App if you haven’t installed it already).
RingCentral Office Keeping Us Connected
We are all in this together
What do you need?
What can you offer?The current situation of physical distancing to mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus challenges us to do mission and ministry as a congregation differently. We are also adapting to having our regular office administrator Tanya off on leave. Are you wondering how you could offer your gifts and skills to these new challenges? If you think you might be able to help, please use the contacts below.
- Can you help someone with the challenges of isolation in practical ways?
- Do you know how to use MailChimp? Could you help create Tidings?
- Would you like to participate in online worship by reading, praying, or with music?
- Would you like to learn how to host a RingCentral Meetings session and help groups meet online?
- Would you be part of our telephone pastoral care ministry, checking in on people needing to hear a friendly voice?
ERMUC Classics please note:
A Catered Birthday Dinner was originally planned for our Classics was planned for SUNDAY MAY 3 2020 has been postponed.
Birthdays for April
Happy Birthday to our Shining Lights in April Ronin Y, Jordan T, Joanie S, Douglas B, Violet B, Ella M, Kyle M, Clark C, Eva F, Cailee C, Nathan R, Oliver B, Parker S, Kerrigan L, Carter S, Henry R.
Happy Birthday to our Classics for the Month of April Janet Burrill, Barbara Billings, Eric VanDalen, Isobel Patchett, Anne McRae, Faye Dennison. Prayers for Best Wishes, Health & Happiness! Enjoy Your Day!